We need you to share some personal details with us to take part in market research. By signing up to our website, you accept that Recruitment for Research will store details about you.
This document explains what information we have, why we need it, how we use and handle it and your rights to that information.
Keeping your personal information secure is our top priority and we use secure methods to store and transmit your data. We will never sell your data to anyone.
When you sign up to our database, you will begin to receive emails about upcoming research sessions for which we think you might be suitable. Feel free to unsubscribe at any time if you no longer want to receive the emails. We will also check in with you regularly to ensure you still want to be on our database.
We may also call you or send you text messages as part of the process of finding a suitable day/time to attend a research session.
This document explains how you can ask us to restrict or stop processing your personal data. This can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE HOLD AND HOW DID WE GET IT?
While applying to take part in research and in the research sessions themselves, you will provide us and our clients with personal data about yourself. This would be done either through signing up via our website, from responses to online surveys, telephone conversations with our employees and responses given during research sessions. This may include the following:
- Information you provide during your registration with us via our website. This includes your name, date of birth, email address, contact details and address, gender, relationship status, nationality, ethnicity, number of children, employment status and details including salary bracket.
- Information that you provide when completing online surveys to determine if you will be suitable to take part in research sessions. You may also provide additional information with our staff over email, phone, or text message.
- Information that you provide during the market research session(s).
- Video or audio recordings of the market research sessions.
- Information that you provide in any email communication with us.
- Information uploaded to any apps used during the research process (for example, you might be asked to upload photos from your experience of using a service or product throughout the course of a week.)
- We may also collect and store any information you provide to us regarding a third party (i.e. if you refer a friend to take part in research). Before you provide another person’s details to us, please ensure you obtain their consent. You can refer them to this document, so they can understand how we will use and process their information.
- By using our website, we may track some information about your computer and how you use our site, including your IP address, location, browser type/version, operating system, how you came to our site, how long you visited our site, which pages you looked at on our site and how frequently, and how you navigated the site. This information is collected anonymously by Google Analytics so that we can see how people use our site to help us make it better and easier to navigate.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In accordance with UKGDPR, we may use your data in the following ways:
- To contact you via email, telephone, text message or social media to offer you market research opportunities, events, and newsletters. When you complete an online survey, we will need to phone you and run through your survey responses with you. We may need to confirm you have the services you have stated in the survey. We will only contact you via social media (Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter) if you signed up or contacted us via that platform.
- We will manually process your data to match you with suitable market research opportunities. This includes filtering the details you have supplied against the criteria we have been given by our clients for the research they are conducting. This is how we match you with projects.
- To enable you to log into our website so you can amend your details.
- To send you payments (we call these ‘incentives’), vouchers and/or prizes for our prize draws. Usually, we will pay you in cash but sometimes we may need to pay you via bank transfer. In these cases, we will collect your bank account number and sort code so that we can make a BACs payment to you. We will only take these details if you have agreed to take part in a session. We will never ask for your bank details over the phone, only via email or text message. We only store these long enough to make payment to you, once payment has been made these are deleted from our records. We will never ask for credit or debit card details from you, and we will never ask you to purchase anything or make a payment to us.
- To prevent fraud and keep our website and database information accurate and secure.
- Our clients and people they transfer your data to will use your data for their own market research or other business purposes if they have prior consent from Recruitment for Research.
- Your data will only be processed by our staff in the UK in line with UK law and the UKGDPR.
WHAT WE DON’T DO WITH YOUR DATA
- We will not supply your personal information to anyone (other than our clients, who may also then transfer your data on to other third parties)
- We will not use your data for any purpose other than to match you with market research opportunities.
- We will never sell or rent/hire your data to anyone.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- The data you provide when signing up to our database and the data you provide in the ‘screener surveys’ is kept until you opt out of receiving our communications regarding market research opportunities. We will ask you to opt in to remaining on our database every 3 years.
- Any bank details you provide arekept only long enough to allow us to make payments to you. Please note, however, some of your bank details may be preserved by our bank on our transaction history.
WHAT ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS?
If at any point you believe the personal information we have received from you is incorrect, you want us to correct or delete that information, or you no longer want us to hold that information or contact you, you can exercise your rights under the current Data Protection laws. These rights include:
- Right of access
- Right to withdraw consent
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please email our Data Protection Manager, Helen, at email@example.com, who will deal with your request.
For more information about your personal data rights please visit the Information Commissioner Office website at: https://ico.org.uk/for–organisations/data–protection–reform/overview–of–the– gdpr/individuals–rights/
I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH MY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU HOLD – WHO DO I CONTACT?
If you would like us to update or delete your details, please contact either:
- Field team leader, or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org [and/or]email@example.com
I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH HOW MY PERSONAL DATA IS BEING HELD OR PROCESSED – HOW DO I MAKE A COMPLAINT?
- If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal data and wish to raise a complaint. you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
- If you are not satisfied with our response, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their Helpdesk number is 0303 123 1113.